Our client is an Australian owned, well established and highly respected designer and manufacturer of high end furniture solutions. They design and manufacture the products in Victoria and they are sold through showrooms on the East Coast and distributors in the other States. The previous incumbent has just left this role after several fantastic years leading the business. We are now looking for a new General Manager to take them to the next level!
Your New Job
Your new position is a broad General Management role but will focus around the Sales and Marketing side of the business. You will be supported by the Owners and the Manufacturing Manager and will be given a high degree of autonomy to let you drive sales and increase profitability. You will form part of the senior leadership team and will have 5 direct reports. The company sells to retail and trade clients and is also developing the overseas market, so your role will be to increase sales in these areas in addition to looking after the dealer network. You will be measured on increased sales revenue and profitability and also on staff retention, promotion and marketing of the products and ultimately market penetration of their product ranges in retail and trade projects. You will be working on the strategic side of the business whilst being involved hands on with the sales and marketing teams. We are also looking for someone with strong commercial and financial acumen who can assist with the setting of budgets and targets for the upcoming years. This will be a fast paced, varied role with travel required interstate (at some point!)
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate the following skills;
- Previous successful experience of working at GM or National Sales Management level in the furniture / interiors industry in Australia.
- Strong understanding of retail and commercial sales in the interiors industry.
- Previous experience of selling premium high end brands and exposure to local manufacturing.
- Superb track record in mentoring and developing sales & marketing teams.
- Excellent commercial acumen and ability to assist with budgets & P/L and financial forecasting and planning.
- Experience working in an aligned business with a T/O of $10-20M.
- A true people person with a passion for sales & marketing and and mentoring staff.
- Strong face to face relationship building skills and superb presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of residential furniture or associated interior fit out products.
- Previous experience of working through retail, specification and distribution channels networks.
In return we can offer you a long term career move with an excellent organisation, a great constantly developing product offering and an uncapped earning potential.
The company has a national market presence and are looking to employ you to be the face of their business in Australia. The salary package is negotiable but structured to work well with a highly motivated hands on leader. Interviews to take place shortly.
Don’t miss out, apply now!
To apply for this job please visit apply.recruitwizard.com.